Isn’t it amazing how some of the most simple things in life can give us such amazing benefits? Like how taking a good soak in a hot shower or bath, for example, has so many benefits for our mind, body, and skin, it’s about time we learn about why we should start taking more of them. And that’s especially true with the technology we have with today’s hot water heaters as we’ll explain in this week’s blog — because giving your body and budget what it needs could be as easy and simple as having the right hot water heater that produces the cleanest water for you and your family.
But let’s first explore the many benefits of having hot water at your fingertips when you want it and often times, even when you need it.
- Lowers blood sugar. Forget walking. A hot bath may be just what you need to lower your blood sugar and burn calories. In a recent study done by Loughborough University, scientists investigated the effect a hot bath has on blood sugar control (an important measure of metabolic fitness) and on energy expended (number of calories burned). They recruited 14 men to take part in the study, who each soaked in a hot bath for one hour. They then compared how many calories were burned in each sessions, as well as measured their blood sugar for 24 hours after each trial. Bathing resulted in about as many calories being burned as a half-hour walk (around 140 calories). The overall blood sugar response to both conditions was similar. Goodbye, gym.
- Fall asleep faster. Hot water relaxes the body and better prepares us for falling asleep. When a tense body enters a warm bath, the hot water increases the body temperature and relaxes the muscles. Relaxing the muscles not only soothes us physically but also mentally. That being said, only 20 minutes is needed and be careful not to fall asleep in the bath!
- Lowers blood pressure. Studies have shown that soaking in a hot bath can lower your blood pressure. This is a great system for those with heart conditions and even those who don’t. But first, consult your doctor if you do have a heart condition because a hot bath will also raise the rate of your heartbeat. If the doc says it’s OK, then it's a great way of bringing down your blood pressure.
- Relieves muscle tension. Hot showers can relieve tension and soothe stiff muscles. If you have a powerful shower head, even better! Let the hot water work like a mini massage on your shoulders, neck, and back.
- Have cleaner, healthier skin. A good soak in hot water, be it a bath or shower, can open up the pores in our skin. And if the water is clean then it can wash some of the dirt and toxins from our skin. The result is fresher and cleaner skin.
- Moisturizes our skin. We may not like the wrinkled skin we get after a hot bath, but it actually has a good effect on it. The warm water leaves the skin moist for longer and prevents it from drying up and getting those little cracks that often appear when it's dry.
- Improves blood circulation. Dipping the body in hot water to the neck is kind of an exercise for your blood vessels. This is because water creates physical pressure on the body and so it increases the capacity of our heart. In other words, when we're inside the water, the heart works faster and stronger. Consider this more like a light exercise and just a few dips a week is an excellent work out for your heart.
- Helps relieve cold/flu symptoms. A hot shower also acts as a natural decongestant to relieve cold symptoms, since the hot steam moisturizes nasal passages. Taking a 10-15 minute hot-soak-break can also really help you feel better while your body is trying to get better.
- Reduces headaches. Most types of headaches are caused by the narrowing of blood vessels in the head. The positive effect of the hot water on our blood vessels can be used to alleviate the pressure on those blood vessels and cure our headache.
- Helps us feel better about ourselves. After a stressful day, take a nice warm shower and try to relax, as it's known that when we feel better physically, we get more confident in ourselves, the more convinced we are up to the challenges ahead. A hot bath is also a great way to reduce daily anxiety as well and make us feel good all around.
The quality of the water you bathe in plays a major role in the health benefits we discussed, the cleaner the water you have, the better you will feel. Our MODEL 3 Water Heater is the answer to getting the most out of these health benefits because it is the world's most advanced tankless water heating system that can provide instant, pure and endless hot water. Rather than coils or traditional heating elements that scale and rust over time, our MODEL 3 uses our patented Ohmic Array Technology to heat water. And, since we use water as the heating element, you can rest assured that the hot water that comes from our units is purer and free from sediment.
What’s more, is that our state-of-the-art tankless water heater provides instant hot water at any rate on demand, controlled right from the palm of your hand. It’s also is 99% energy efficient, which you won’t make you feel guilty about taking a longer shower or bath because installing a Heatworks water heater in your home will increase the amount of hot water you have. And because you are not having to ever wait for the cold water to turn hot, you'll actually save 10% of water use and 40% on your water heating. So go ahead, extend the length of your hot shower or bath and enjoy the many health benefits.
For more information about Heatworks or to order one of the world's most advanced water heaters, click here.